Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Golden Teacher |magic mushroom grow kit
Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Years of planning and testing has resulted in the next generation of Mondo® Golden Teacher Magic Mushroom grow kits. The Mondo® Grow Kit Golden Teacher has become better than it ever was. Compared to the first generation of Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® Golden Teacher Grow Kit, the next generation is improved with:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
Meet the new standard of easy grow kits | magic mushroom grow kit usa
The Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® Golden Teacher Magic Mushroom grow kit is slightly different than the grow kits you might have used before. This is seen only in the substrate recipe and is a secret not just shared with everyone. Not even with us!
Just like the previous and other easy grow kits, you do not need to use additional spores. During the laboratory process, the spores have developed into mycelium inside the substrate (the cake) in the grow box. The mycelium has fully colonized the substrate and is ready to grow mushrooms.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks. First, wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and close it well.
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x grow bag – The bag has a micron filter to keep contaminants out
- 1x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Golden Teacher’ Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, microorganisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Golden Teacher’ Magic Mushroom grow kit and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the process
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let it soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid and store it in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of grow bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Golden Teacher’ Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Golden Teacher’ Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziploc with lid.
the instructions for the Mondo® Golden Teacher magic mushroom grow kit.
The ideal temperature is 24°C. Try not to have the temperature drop under 18°C and not surpass 29°C. To shield the temperature from dropping under the 18°C, you can utilize a Thermo Heatingmat to keep up the ideal temperature. A thermo tangle is an absolute necessity have in the winter or colder locales of the world.
The Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® Golden Teacher Magic Mushroom Grow Kit only needs light for the mycelium to ‘understand’ it has reached the surface. Only then, mushrooms will grow. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight a day is more than enough. Direct sunlight kills the mycelium, so avoid the sun to shine directly on the grow kit.
Water / Misting
The day after you start the process you begin with misting. Open the grow bag by removing the paperclip. Do not spray directly on the cake but spray one time against every side of the bag. So you mist once a day, four sprays. Misting also vents fresh oxygen inside the bag. Right after misting, close the bag again with the paperclip.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 5 and 16 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
Mushrooms are ready and ought to be picked when the cover between the cap and the stem has quite recently torn. Try not to stand by any longer. Utilize careful gloves or sterilize your hands, wrists and arms. Pick the mushrooms that are ready and let the others keep on developing. Eliminate the mushrooms from the cake by grabbing hold of the base of the mushroom among thumb and pointer. Turning your hand clockwise gradually, until the mushroom gives up. Try not to pull out the mushrooms. This would hazard harming the mycelium and slaughtering it. At the point when the majority of the bigger mushrooms have been picked, likewise pick the littler ones and the pins too.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms develop where the light reaches and where there is small entering opposition. Since the cake has light beaming on the sides, the mushrooms may likewise develop there. It is difficult to counter this and can be permitted. A few cultivators wrap the sides of the develop enclose aluminum foil to keep the sides dim, however this doesn’t generally function admirably.
At the point when mushrooms develop there, they can be picked not long before you douse the pack:
Clean hands! Remove the develop box from the sack and spot it topsy turvy on your other hand. Squirm the plastic box so the cake will drop out, onto your hand. The plastic box can be put on a disinfectant surface. Presently you have this hand allowed to pick the mushrooms from the sides of the cake. At the point when all mushrooms are picked, you can put the cake back as it might have been, in the plastic box and proceed to the splashing cycle.
After all the mushrooms have been picked, you set up the unit for the following flush. Once more, with sanitized hands or gloves; remove the develop box from the develop pack. Fill the case with new, consumable water. Remove the top from the ziploc pack and use it to close the develop box. Spot the shut develop enclose a dousing Bag or utilize your own perfect plastic shopping sack and fold it over the container. Close it well and spot this in a cooler (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours. This is known as the splashing cycle. Water will presently splash through the cake, setting it up for the following flush.
During the splashing you can hang the develop sack with micronfilter topsy turvy to dry. Make a point to hang it topsy turvy, so no microorganisms will get to the sack. Numerous cultivators like to utilize new and unused develop bags after each flush.
Following 12 hours take the drenching Bag with the develop box, out from the cooler and unload it.
To continue, follow the same steps 3 – 7 as before when you started the process for the first time. Several days later, a new flush will appear. You can get at least 2 or 3 flushes out of a Psilocybe cubensis ‘Golden Teacher’ Magic mushroom grow kit. If you are experienced in cultivating, you can get more flushes out of a kit.
When no more mushrooms grow out of a grow kit after the second flush for at least three weeks, or when the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Golden Teacher’ Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey or yellow; the grow kit can be disposed of. The change in color is a sign that the grow kit is contaminated with another fungus or bacteria. No more mushrooms will grow out of the Psilocybe cubensis ‘Golden Teacher’ Magic mushroom grow kit and the grow kit should be thrown away in the garbage outside.
When you are too late picking the mushrooms, they will drop their spores. The cake and the mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains red/brown) because of the spores. This is not really a problem; it just doesn’t look very pretty. When mushrooms release their spores, they also start to degrade, and the active ingredients are breaking down. Mushrooms will lose some of their potency.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.
This kit is meant for small-scale home use only.